When I saw this feta dip on Tasty.co, I knew I wanted to try to make something like it, just simplified a bit, made with ingredients I could easily get, and with an herb combination more suited to my tastes. And wow! Am I ever so pleased with the result. The way the creamy, lemony, slightly salty whipped feta, pairs with the seasoned roasted tomatoes, is just dreamy. What an absolutely delicious dip!
To make this dip, the first thing I do is roast the tomatoes. On a rimmed baking sheet, I spread out the tomatoes and toss them with olive oil. I then sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano. I pop the tray into a preheated 230 c oven and roast the tomatoes for 15–20 minutes, or until lightly charred and softened.
While the tomatoes are roasting, I whip the feta. In my food processor, I combine the feta, crème fraîche, cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. I then purée it until smooth. Depending on how salty the feta is, it may need a little more salt, so I always give it a taste and add some salt if needed.
After the tomatoes are roasted and cooled slightly, it is time to assemble the dip. To do that, I spread the whipped feta in a shallow dish and then pile the roasted tomatoes in the center. To really put it over the top, I drizzle over some olive oil and garnish it all with some fresh chopped oregano leaves. I roasted a few yellow tomatoes, but I think the dip looks prettier with just the red tomatoes, so I left them off the final dish.
This is a perfect party dip and tastes great with crackers or crostini. Enjoy!
Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- Food Processor
- 100 g feta
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 50 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of half a lemon
- 200 g grape tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 – 3 tsp olive oil
- fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread out the tomatoes and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano.
- Roast the tomatoes for 15–20 minutes, or until lightly charred and softened.
- Whip the feta. In a blender or food processor, combine the feta, crème fraîche, cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Purée until smooth. Taste and add some salt if needed.
- Assemble the dip. Spread the whipped feta dip in a shallow dish. Pile the roasted tomatoes in the center, drizzling over some extra olive oil for finish. Garnish with fresh chopped oregano leaves.
- Serve with crackers or crostini. Enjoy!